Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Praise and Paint

Remember 2 weeks ago today how I posted that somebody ran a red light and almost hit us on the day before? Well it happened again yesterday! Exactly 2 weeks later, somebody ran another red light and almost hit Paul and Annie's side again!

In 2 weeks, I came within seconds of losing two of the most important people in my life. Praise God for His protection, but when will it end?! Not His protection, that never ends, but when will these close calls end?! Needless to say, we were sick to our stomachs, shaken up, and full of praise for Jesus!

Moving on...as you will see in the pictures, I took an old framed painting that I bought, and instead of donating it, I reused it. :)

I took a dress of Annie's that was one of my favorites. It came with her from foster care, and it had 2 of my favorite things on it- Cinderella and hydrangeas. :)

Annie's bathroom was decorated with grown up hydrangeas, and I added a few princesses for her enjoyment while she is young. This dress needed to be in that bathroom!

So I cut it in half, glued it to the canvas, and painted Annie in it. :)

She ended up being taller than I planned, which messed up her hair. I had to make it bigger to make it look not weird. Not my favorite painting, but then again, one day her hair will be this big so it works, right? :)








2 comments: