Thursday, August 29, 2013

Annie New Room (95%) Complete

With the exception of a few pieces of wall art/pictures, painting a few shelves (which you will see are already hung), and a pink and white rocking horse to "pull" her carriage, I'm officially done with Annie's new room! Whew!

Stuff on the bed and in front of the doilie wall (with the exception of the 2 foot Cinderella), will not be there obviously. lol I just need to to finish the last 5% of her room.

We will be reclaiming our room after labor day! Wahoo!

In the world of pinterest, it's hard to come up with original ideas. To save money, etc, I'm proud to say I came up with these ideas all on my own! Specifically, Annie's "toy tent." I didn't want her toys to be the focal point of the room, so to add "a little class," I made this "tent." (as you can see it's open with a little "door" and can be closed when that's wanted). I was going to have Paul build it out of pvc, but when would that happen (the poor guy has no free time)? So I got the idea to suspend curtain rods from the ceiling with fishing line, then added my homemade curtains to that. :) I know it was a success because when Annie saw it she immediately called it her castle and LOVES playing in it! The only toy not hidden is her princess dream castle full of princess and prince "Barbies." It's next to the door so it's not the first thing you see when you enter-I can live with that!

Once I finish the last 5%, I'll post real pics (not just these from my phone...I'm still without internet. Since February. Pathetic. That's also why this blog has been suffering).

1 comment:

  1. That's so cute- I love the tent!

    Why haven't you had internet...will you ever have it? It was awful going 3 weeks without it...can't imagine 6 months!

    ReplyDelete