Here are some of my favorite quotes from the book...
(my favorite quote from the movie is: "death cannot stop true love, it only delays it awhile").
- in chapter one, Buttercup realizes that she is in love with Farm Boy. Her confession covers two pages, and is amazing. It will take too long to write here, and I doubt if it was here anybody would read it, but I highly recommend this book especially cause this part! (If you want to borrow my book you may, and I will tell you where you can find this...its awesome!
- "Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches." Westley, Farm Boy, to Buttercup
- "When I left you...you were already more beautiful than anything I dared to dream. In our years apart, my imaginings did their best to improve on your perfection. At night, your face was forever before my eyes. And now I see that that vision who kept me company in my loneliness was a hag compared to the beauty now before me." Westley to Buttercup
- "Now Westley knew what she meant to say 'not a single syllable of it,' because a syllabub was something you ate...But he also knew an apology when he heard one. So he held her very close, and shut his loving eyes, and only whispered, 'I knew it was false, believe me, every syllabub.'" (more marriages would stay happily ever after if we could all use this refrain!) :)
- "Buttercup was searching somewhere for a sufficiency of courage. Evidently, she found it in his eyes."
- wondering if they will make it out of the Fire Swamp:
"How can you be sure?" "Well, because we are together, hand in hand, in love." (Buttercup then Westley).
- "It doesn't matter whether you sent the ships or not. Westley will come for me. There is a God; I know that. And there is love; I know that too; so Westley will save me!"
- Sonny, don't tell me what's worthwhile-true love is the best thing in the world, except for cough drops. Everybody knows that." (Miracle Max, ha!)
- "Liar! Liar!"... "Back, Witch-"... "I'm not a witch, I'm your wife!" (this is in the movie too, this line cracks me up EVERY TIME I see it! Miracle Max and his wife).
So, here was a little romance for your day! Go home and kiss your sweetie and thank God for the blessing He gave to you! ♥