Thursday, June 3, 2010

Karpouzi

For the past couple weeks, I have been eating healthy. I am not dieting because diets don't work. I am eating healthy- the way God intended us to eat- and eventually it will show on the outside! :) I found this article early on my new healthy lifestyle. Isn't it great!?!

When I was in Greece, (I am Greek- met some family there in Aug, 06), we ate karpouzi all day long. What is karpouzi? Well, believe me, you know what it is. It is the Greek word for watermelon!
For my new healthy lifestyle- I am turning to my Greek ancestors for some tips. ;) We ate karpouzi with every meal- and large amounts of it. The last few days, I have eaten 1/2 a karpouzi per day. Don't you just love how God created it to be its own little bowl. ;)

Over Memorial day weekend, (starting Thursday night), I didn't get to eat as healthily as I had been. But that is just it. I am not dieting- I am just making healthy choices. All food is ok IN MODERATION, so those was my bad food choices for a while! I actually felt yucky come Sunday, (and I didn't even eat all that bad prior- burgers for dinner but I was healthy the rest of the day, etc). My body was so used to strict healthy stuff that it was not happy with the less than perfect stuff I put into it. I guess that is why it has been craving karpouzi all week. :)

I am off to work on the bird room. I KNOW, I know- I promised it would be done yesterday. Sorry! Hanging it all is a little stressful so I have been putting it off- when I hang it you will see why it is so stress inducing!

Yesterday Mr. Incredible wanted to get the lawn mowed before the rains came. He opened the door, and had me come out. At first I was irritated- then I saw why he called me out and turned to grab my camera.
A full arc! {Babe, the yard looks great BTW! So lush! Way to go installing the sprinklers! I love you and I am so proud of all you do!} Hey, he isn't called Mr. Incredible for nothing! ;)
It is hard to tell in this pic, but this part of the rainbow was so bright- it seemed to really be right behind those trees. Like it was close to us or something. Pretty cool!!

Seeing rainbows can symbolize many things to many people. BUT there is ONE reason these bows were created- ONE thing they are to symbolize:

"I establish My covenant with you; and all flesh shall never again be cut off by the water of the flood, neither shall there again be a flood to destroy the earth."

God said, "This is the sign of the covenant which I am making between Me and you and every living creature that is with you, for all successive generations;

I set My bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a sign of a covenant between Me and the earth.

"It shall come about, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow will be seen in the cloud,

and I will remember My covenant, which is between Me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and never again shall the water become a flood to destroy all flesh.

"When the bow is in the cloud, then I will look upon it, to remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is on the earth."

And God said to Noah, "This is the sign of the covenant which I have established between Me and all flesh that is on the earth."

Genesis 9:11-17

No comments:

Post a Comment