Sunday, May 4, 2008

Blur the faces of Children?

So, I just finished reading "Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister" by: Gregory Maguire. It was very good. He was also the author of "Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West." I enjoy him as an author.

The book ended with this quote about children. It could no be more true, sadly!

(referring to children playing that should be subject of a painting)...

"...the children's faces would need to be painted in a blur, the way children's faces truly are. For they blur as they run; they blur as they grow and change so fast; and they blur to keep us from loving them too deeply, for their protection, and also ours." ~Gregory Maguire


My uncle on the floor.. he is now 30, happily married and a proud papa to a 5 month old! Baby brother is a Junior in High School and in June will be 18!?! The Belle behind him is happily married and planning her future family! Tracie posing beautifully on the floor would have turned 20 this May!

The blurred faces quote sure makes sense when we look at this picture from Christmas 1991! It doesn't seem that long ago, just ask my mom! My Lobster and I are already aware that tomorrow our (future, hopefully) little girl will be getting married! I cannot believe how fast life goes!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment