Tuesday, December 29, 2009

White Christmas

First of all, thank you for praying for Andrew. It seems it was only a virus of some kind. However, his parents still have to watch him so continued prayers would be appreciated! :)

Do you remember this post about the snow in Houston, and how it was such a blessing to me from God? Well on that post you will see the meaning behind my new header, and this post today will elaborate more on that. :)

Christmas Eve eve, we left our house at 12:30 AM, (so technically Christmas Eve), because there was going to be bad weather. We arrived in Dallas around 8 AM, and went to sleep. Around 1 PM, Paul woke me up to tell me it was snowing! YEA!!! :)

Having a white Christmas was so special!

I realized on Christmas day, that this Christmas was one of my all time favorites! It actually could have been one of my worst. Last Christmas, our blog header had the lyrics to the song, "Merry Christmas," by Third Day:

"It's Christmas time again but you're not home, Your family is here and yet you're somewhere else alone, And so tonight I pray that God will come and hold you in his arms, And tell you from my heart I wish you Merry Christmas."

This year, I was looking forward to our Christmas cards showing the end of that song which reads:
"It's Christmas time again and now you're home. Your family is here so you will never be alone. So tonight before you go to sleep, I'll hold you in my arms, And I'll tell you from my heart, I wish you Merry Christmas."

As you can see, when we put the adoption on hold, my card idea had to be put on hold too. At first it was quite saddening. Actually, I have avoided hearing this song throughout the whole season.

However, as I have said in many posts, (click on the link above), I am at peace with the waiting. When we decided to take the trip to New England I immediately became at peace with it. Like I said before, it was like God was telling me to enjoy today, and getting my kids would be on His timing. Only a few days after that, it snowed in Houston, and then I had a white Christmas!

I love feeling God's presence and seeing His hand in our lives! He loves us enough to show us glimpses of His glory through the MIRACLES OF THE MOMENTS. ♥







In exciting news: I bought our tickets today for the Red Sox vs Yankee game in April at Fenway!!! YEA!!!!! I AM SOOOOO EXCITED!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment