Saturday, August 27, 2011

Mommy Confessions

Last Sunday the Holy Spirit shed some light on an issue in my life.

Let me back up a bit. Sweetpea is honestly, an amazing baby. Seriously, if there was a contest for best behaved, happiest baby she would win- hands down.

Since she moved in last October, our lives stayed pretty much the same. We have enjoyed much more fun and happiness no doubt, but we have been able to keep life as normal. GREAT right? Right, for the most part.

There is a down side to having a perfect baby, albeit a small downside.

We have only left her for probably a total of 12 hours since last October. She is so well behaved we usually take her on dates with us.

Well, we are having an issue with separation anxiety. A big issue.

I kept Sweetpea with me on Sundays during church to establish a healthy attachment. In May, I left her for the first time, and she has flourished since!

I, on the other hand, have not. I cannot focus in church when she is not with me. Last Sunday, God opened my eyes to a problem in my life.

Sweetpea is not an idol in my life. YET.

THANKFULLY, (by the Grace of God), Sweetpea has not hurt our marriage. Yet.

I am experiencing major separation anxiety and it has to stop. My sanity depends on it, my walk depends on it, and our marriage depends on it.

In the near future, (not saying when), Mr. Incredible and I are taking a trip- without Sweetpea. The babysitters are booked, for both of our babies. lol

As much as I look forward to this trip, I also experience near panic attacks at the thought of leaving her for that long. I need this trip. We as a family need this trip.

Whoever thought that loving someone too much was possible. ;)

1 comment:

  1. I love that you're aware of the potential "YETs"...and I love that you love her so much.

    But there is a whole lot of wisdom and truth in what you've just written.

    I hope/pray it'll just be a special time for the two of you that you can really enjoy together...and that you'll come back refreshed.

    ReplyDelete