Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Skinny No Bake Cookies

I'm obsessed with sugar. I can't help it. How can we still keep yummy cookies in our diet without eating a day's with of calories in one sitting?

No bake cookies are my favorite cookies. As a child, my friend's adult cousin would make them when she was around and I was hooked. I had no idea what they were called. After I was married I found the name, recipe, and started making them all the time.

Recently I've been thinking about them and how I could make them healthier (if that were even possible).

So last night I gave it a try. I tossed out the recipe, only keeping 3 ingredients: oats, chocolate chips and peanut butter.

3 cups oats
1 12oz bag of chocolate chips
1 cup of peanut butter

I took a big short cut last night that totally paid off. I popped the chocolate and PB in a bowl in the microwave instead of making it on the stove. Then I added the oats. (I think the bowl spent maybe 3 minutes total in the microwave-but at 1 minute intervals mixing in between).

I had to guess how many it could have made...I did the math with 30 cookies (depending on the size of cookies you can make more or less).

30 cookies = 137 calories per cookie and 7.4 grams of sugar.

They still tasted like normal no bakes (with much less sugar...obviously the originals are tastier, but these are still great!), and still hardened into cookies too
.
Get the feel of eating no bake cookies with less guilt!

No comments:

Post a Comment