Monday, September 15, 2008

Hurricane Ike

Well, we are finally home, and our home is in one piece. We knew it would be, but when you live in an apartment, the thought of a hurricane is a bit scary. By next hurricane season we will have a house and maybe we can just hunker down there. We went to San Antonio and stayed with my dad. Saturday my dad and My Lobster went to Houston to clear up my grandma's yard. They worked for 6 HOURS!!! WOW... lots of debris! My step mom and I hung out with our three dogs! Jersey was so excited to have friends and wide open spaces to run around, oh and he found a new "swimming hole"...
Jersey with some cactus. He kept getting too close, I am surprised he didn't get stuck...



Jersey in my dad's backyard... 8.5 acres... gorgeous... letting him off the leash was hard for Mommy...

Jersey apparently LOVES water!!! Here is a pond that Jersey has claimed as his own swimming hole. At our house we will definitely build one for him. He loved it!


Look closely, Jersey is shaking his head back and forth... just a cool shot...

Front yard shots of Jersey and my dad's puppy Max. Not pictured is Buster. Max is half Rot, but he is not scary... he is just a big puppy, (3 years old). He and The Jerz are inseparable.

Daddy, Buster, Max and Jersey on a walk through Grandpa's land. Mommy was quite nervous through all this, but Jersey listened very well! :)

1 comment:

  1. Ahh, yes lots of clearing away of stuff. We spent a long time on Sunday clearing leaves and branches from Mimi and Grandpa's land.

    ReplyDelete