Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The "Nursery!"

Paul and I had adoption orientation today, and we have decided to go ahead with the agency. Not too long from now we will be licensed and eligible to bring home our little one(s)! Then the timing will be up to God! :)

Yesterday and today, I spent time decorating the "nursery." I put quotes around it because it may be a nursery for a baby, or it may be a room for a toddler/older. We shall see. OR, we could get 2 KIDS and this will be ONE of the rooms!!! :) The theme is unisex as expected, (more girlie I think, but oh well), and the theme is "Cow Parade." Not sure what that is... keep reading...




This will be where the crib will be, or the bed... ;)

Close up of the picture above the crib, (not set in stone here because it won't be good if the baby knocks it off the wall)! When the Cow Parade came to Houston in 02, my dad took all of us kids to see it, (because I begged and begged)! So, I framed the pictures of the cows and put them throughout the room as you will see... also with the cows are random pictures of my siblings and me. Isn't that cute? :)

More pics over where the changing table will go, (or another piece of furniture depending on age of child)! :)
More pics, cows, toy chest and book shelf... (pink bins won't be there for long... these were the ones I had, and will change after I paint... not 100% on that one yet)!

I had a gazillion Beanie Babies, so I kept a few for my kids. Ok, more than a few, they fill all 5 of the bins, and overflow into the other cubes, and on the top... (not for long)! ;)


All of my Cow Parade collection! Did I mention I love cows? ;)Close up of some cows so you get the idea of what they are/look like. Here are the Wizard of Oz ones. The will not stay here... they will get a shelf soon! :) Oh, and I don't know why it is linking this so ignore it... I don't even know what it is linking it to... LOL!


More pics and the book case I put together last night... today I decoupaged it! :)
Close up of my decoupage job, (still wet so ignore the shine and wet look).

Close up of one of the decoupaged cows! :) Remember, it was still wet...


I can't wait to decorate some more, and especially I can't wait to have a little one to enjoy it! ;) We can't wait to be Mommy and Daddy!

4 comments:

  1. congrats on beginning the nursery. I will look for cow stuff this week and email you my finds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tricia! I am so excited for you! It seems like just yesterday we were in your shoes, starting the process and WAITING patiently. Your baby(ies) will be home before you know it! I'm so excited to read about your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited for you guys. The room looks great! I love the cow parade idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! I didn't know you liked cows so much!

    ReplyDelete