Thursday, May 21, 2009

Cinderella ♥

Today is the one year anniversary of the accident that sent Maria Sue Chapman to be with Jesus, and a day that changed thousands of lives- including my own.

I remember the day so vividly, and I remember feeling silly for mourning for this family. I don't know them! Why am I crying so hard? God gave me a gift that day. He showed me that the reason I was mourning so for them was because they are my siblings in Christ. I had always heard about being brothers and sisters in Christ, but it really didn't hit me until this day. It was such a wonderful lesson for me that this day made my recap of 2008.

To Steven and Mary Beth: I have been praying for y'all ever since the accident. I will continue to. It is such a blessing to know that we are siblings in Christ, and one day we will all meet and dance for Jesus together. Your Cinderella is already dancing there, and I am so proud of your family and the testimony that y'all are spreading to the world!

To Will Franklin: Brother, when I heard about the accident I didn't know many details. I just remember sitting at my computer, tears streaming down my face praying that the driver was a family friend, not a family member. Later when I heard what you endured, my heart broke for you. I am so sorry that you had to go through that, but just know that you had so many brothers and sisters praying for you that day and until today even. Here is a giant cyber hug from your sister in Christ, and a little encouragement. God knew what was going to happen that day. He knew how you would handle it and so that is why He allowed it. He knew you would glorify Him! I am excited to see what God will do through you through this.

To all the Chapmans: My prayers and love go to y'all today, as they have many times over the last year. I have experienced a loss of a sister, so I do know some of the pain y'all are going through. Hugs from your sister in Christ!

Below is a video I found on Youtube that is so beautiful! The song is from SCC, and it helped/helps me greatly with the mourning of my sister.

To Maria, I can't wait to meet you one day!




1 comment: