Friday, November 27, 2009

If you give a mouse a cookie...

Before I get to the explanation of my title, I have some more pictures of the playroom. :)
Here is a view when you first walk in through the doors- I added more pom poms. :)
Here is the same view as the last post, but with more pom poms. :)
This is the wall that "needed something." I decided to put up the best of the best shots of Jersey... here are a few, and I need to print a few more... definitely some of Traci's pictures will be up here! :)
This picture was painted by our pastor's daughter, who is an unbelievably talented artist! She did this when she was about 11 years old. I wanted it to be like an Andy Warhol- hence the strange colors. :)
She also drew this picture of Jersey when he was a pup. She gave me a copy of it, and then on his first birthday- she gave me an updated version of him with a party hat. :)
Who doesn't love puppies? :)
Another shot of the room- the desk with junk on it will be moved tomorrow. lol

Later Paul will build tables, storage, etc, and I'll post those pics then of the completed playroom. :)




Now to my title. Do you remember that book... If you give a mouse a cookie, he'll ask for a glass of milk... the requests go on and on and it ends with the mouse asking for a cookie. Well, these situations arise every once in awhile in everyday life, and I always point it out by saying, "If you give a mouse a cookie."

Ok, you see I am not a brand girl. There are only two brand name items I buy: Crocs and James Avery. Everything else, I go for just what I like and least expensive.

Well, since I have been nannying, I have been exposed to Vera Bradley. Cute stuff, but as I said before I am not a brand girl, nor did I really need a new purse. When I was in high school, I had at least 40 purses that I would change out to match my outfit. Now I have one everyday bag and two dressier bags, (one black, one brown).

So C was browsing the VB stuff for quite awhile and I grew quite bored, so I began looking it all over. I found a mini laptop case and it reeled me in. Uh oh... If I buy the laptop case, I will need a bigger purse, and I also need a camera case. If I get a new purse, I also want a new wallet... See how the title applies now? ;)

With the adoption process looming, spending money is not on my priority list. However, I got an early Christmas present today of cash, and I couldn't think of a better way of spending it...

This blog is usually not about what I want to purchase or what I have purchased, but I think women enjoy that so here is a little fun for y'all....
See the size difference...
I am in love. This is my favorite print VB has, and this bag is SO big- but not obnoxiously, ya know? :)
This angle makes the inside look HUGE... it is large, but not THAT large! lol Have you seen a prettier interior? :)
My new laptop case. I loved this print too... I LOVE the birdies and the pink... pink, brown, and red are the colors in the bird room- so C said this print was a must buy and I had to agree. :)
The inside with my little author's laptop ;) ... how pretty??? :)
My new wallet. They had a bigger one that I wanted but it was twice the cost of this one... too expensive in my book...
My camera case. Now, I wasn't the mouse about the camera and laptop cases... I actually NEEDED them... I just became the mouse about the purse and wallet. :)
For black Friday, if you spent over $100, you got a free bag! I bought them with no expectations of Black Friday deals or freebees- but this was a pretty good surprise! $48 bag for free-sounds good to me!

We had no desire to go out shopping on black Friday, but when I received my early Christmas money- I had to drag out the hubs to get these. It was quick and painless, and totally worth it!

There, are you happy that this post was all about fun, fun, fun? :) These posts don't happen often, so enjoy.

Uhhh, not that my blog is boring, but it is usually void of fun shopping posts! lol

1 comment:

  1. I love VB stuff. If you go to ebags.com they frequently have them on sale for a good price. And you know how cheap I am about stuff. Check it out.

    ReplyDelete