Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Please Pray for "Lewis"

Last night I was searching a list of waiting children in Ethiopia and found our son. So much so that while I was reading his profile to Paul, (with many pauses to choke back tears), he said, "Let's get him. No, now. Let's get him!" I will go into details about him in a minute, but first let me describe why I am referring to him as Lewis.
In Disney's Meet the Robinsons, we are introduced to an orphan boy named Lewis. Without giving away anything, let's just say this movie is very enjoyable, and will make you cry, (it makes us cry at least). Everytime we watch it, Paul always says he wants to find a Lewis out there, (he is a precious little genius/inventor). Who wouldn't want to adopt him?

On the adoption website, I am not allowed to give out info on the kids, so I am giving him the name Lewis since he is, in fact, our Lewis.

No, he is not a boy genius, but he is even more than that.

Not only is he out going and great with kids, (he always helps out the nannies with the infants- does he sound like a great big brother or what?), but he also...

WANTS TO START AND ORPHANAGE WHEN HE IS OLDER TO HELP ORPHANS AND HE WANTS TO BE A SERVANT IN CHURCH.

Could he BE more perfect for us?

Now the adoption process will take about 18 months... problem is- I have to be 25. Ok, I am almost 23.5, so when he comes home I will be 24.5, or about 25. We are looking into getting him regardless of my age... maybe they can cut us a break since I will almost be 25, and Paul will be over 30. Oh, and if/when we get him, we will get our Ann Marie too! ;)

Regardless if he will be our son or not, please pray for Lewis. Pray that he will be adopted by a family that loves Jesus and will be an encourager to his dreams.

We would love it if we could be his family, but we know this is not up to us. We have faith that in our lives and in Lewis' that "God causes all things to work together for good to them that love God, and are called according to His purposes." Romans 8:28

No comments:

Post a Comment