Tuesday, February 28, 2012

A Year Ago...

So February 20 marked a year since Sweetpea first went to the hospital for her hydrocephalus, (since she was at home with us). It kind of annoys me that I missed that date, but then again, we were hospitalized for two weeks so as long as I post about it in that 2 week period, right? lolHere is a pic from the first night in the ER. It was two weeks of a lot of firsts for Sweetpea and me. It made me the strong, fighter mommy that I am. I have a lot of respect for Drs and nurses, but I learned to fight when it is necessary. Here is a Full Hospital Recap.
.
Sweetpea went on to need another surgery in June, (spending a week in the hospital- search the blog in June 2011 for those posts), and she was hospitalized for a few days in July, (not needing surgery).
.
Click here to see God's provision during that hospitalization- so amazing! A must read!
.
I am actually surprised she has not had a surgery since. For awhile there it felt like the hospitalizations would never end. With shunts, (a device in her brain to aide her hydrocephalus), they could need surgery everyday, or every 8 years! You never really know. So, for now, we are thankful that she has not had anything major occur in a considerable amount of time. :) We do know that one is failing and will need to be replaced, but they are waiting until she NEEDS it fixed. Mommy is not exactly thrilled that they are ok with Sweetpea not being 100%, but I have to trust in God.
.
In His reliable, amazing fashion, God proved Romans 8:28 to be true. As much as I would have loved for Sweetpea to not have had to endure all of that, I am thankful that God was able to show us more of His character and faithfulness! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment