Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Ice Cream Therapy

We have to attend 8 training classes with our adoption agency, (as well as 4 other trainings, CPR, etc). Tonight's lesson: Sexual Abuse.

I could sit and watch a gory, murder movie all day long, and not get sick at all. The one thing that makes me sick- physically sick- is sexual abuse. I used to watch Law and Order and SVU would make me sick. Rape, child abuse- ugh.

When I worked at an elementary school, I knew a little boy who was sexually abused. He has so many issues in life- it is absolutely heart breaking.

To sit through a 2 hour class where the subject is sexual abuse- this will be torture.

My brain never stops, and I know that after this class I will not be able to get it out of my head. If I drank, after this class I would so have to go for a drink. But, since I don't drink- we will have to go for ice cream.


While you are praying for our children, also keep all the sweet kiddos that are hurting in your prayers too.


In more fun news: click here and see about book signing giveaway. :)

And click here to see my other blog's new post. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment