Wednesday, December 1, 2010

All I Want for Christmas

What a loaded thought.

First of all, I am so thankful that my sweet hubs is surprising me today with a copy of George W's book. I have been wanting it since it came out, but kinda forgot about it. Then today he said he was bringing me home a surprise- not a Christmas present- but a present just because he loves me/knew I wanted it. Um, the best kind, right? :) Thanks Babe- just what I needed! :)

At the Keierleber casa, we focus on the true meaning of Christmas. All our decor is Christ centered, and we will not do Santa. We also do not plan to go crazy with gifts for the kids- we will save that for their birthday. BUT, we do still do gift giving, and I have been trying to figure out what I MUST HAVE this Christmas. There are a few items I want right now, but nothing that I need wrapped under the tree, ya know? Hmm... decisions, decisions.

Well, yesterday I got a phone call from our agency.

She had a 4 day old baby boy for me.

You have got to be kidding me.

If you are keeping track, I have turned down a sibling group of 3 as foster kids. I have turned down a sibling group of 3 as adoptable kids, a newborn baby girl to adopt and now a 4 day old baby boy.

That is a total of 5 children, (8 if you include the foster kids) that I have had to say no to.

Hard does not even begin to describe this. I cried all night last night and today as well. Then I watched a video below, (Steven Curtis Chapman), and cried harder than I have in quite a long time.

Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would ever turn away one child, let alone 8.

I have a heavy heavy heart as I write today. I knew there were so many kids that needed homes, (nearly 200 million orphans), but when I am getting phone calls for children that I have to turn away... there are just no words.

Needless to say, I will be contacting our agency and I will tell them to stop offering me kids. I have my hands full and I unfortunately cannot take another child right now. It will not be fair to those kids or the ones I already have. {not to mention I cannot have more than 2 kids under 18 months in my house at once}

When I think of what I want for Christmas, I can't think of anything else but this newborn boy. I can't take him into my home, but I want SOMEONE to.

How about you? Have you considered adoption? You should. Really. Contact me and I can tell you how easy and truly inexpensive it can be, (and when I say inexpensive I mean free in some cases. Yeah, I said free).

Please watch this video. I dare you not to cry. I dare you. What they want for Christmas- it is what I want for Christmas- I want their Christmas dreams to come true:





All I really want for Christmas
Is someone to tuck me in
A shoulder to cry on if I lose
Shoulders to ride on if I win
There’s so much I could ask for
But there’s just one thing I need
All I really want for Christmas is a family




This song below- last year I refused to listen to it. You see, I thought for sure last Christmas would have been our first as parents. Well, it wasn't so I just could not listen to it. Now, I love this song. It still kills me because of all the kids out there that need homes, but I am so thankful that we have our little Sweetpea home... be sure to listen to this song- it will make our Christmas card make more sense... ;)




It's Christmas time again but you're not home
Your family is here and yet you're somewhere else alone
And so tonight I pray that God will come and hold you in his arms
And tell you from my heart I wish you Merry Christmas {our Christmas 2009}

Christmas is a time to celebrate the holy child
And we celebrate his perfect gift of love
He came to earth to give his life
And prepare a place for us
So we could have a home with him above

It's Christmas time again and now you're home
Your family is here so you will never be alone
So tonight before you go to sleep, I'll hold you in my arms
And I'll tell you from my heart, and I'll you from my heart
I wish you Merry Christmas {now in 2010} :)

So, what do I want for Christmas? I do not know. I am ever so thankful for our little gift of a daughter. Pray for tomorrow- hopefully we will get TERMINATION tomorrow. Pretty good Christmas gift if you ask me. :)

Seriously consider adoption. I am here always to talk more. :)

1 comment:

  1. My, my, my...girl we definitely have to catch up! My computer crashed 2 months ago & I'm just getting back to checking blogs. And I see that I've missed ALOT!!! I am soooooooo excited that the Lord has blessed you with a baby girl! She is beautiful! Can't wait to see her face.

    ReplyDelete