Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Avery's Legacy

Just a few short weeks ago, I blogged about a little girl named Avery. She has SMA which is life threatening.

Well, she died yesterday! Very suddenly! They knew death would be the outcome, but not this soon. Heartbreaking! Read her dad's post here:

http://averycan.blogspot.com/?m=0

When I wrote about Avery, I also posted about how I was inspired to give Annie a bucket list of sorts. I decided to make Annie's Aspirations. Not life long goals, just ones over the next year or so. Today I was planning on crossing one of those off her list.  I will take "fancy" photos of her, and we bought her flowers for the shoot. I painted her nails last night and we bought her flowers as well.

I don't think it was a coincidence that the days I began to cross off her goals, happened to be the days Avery went to heaven. (By days I mean the day she went to heaven and the day following-today).

Besides Avery's legacy of bringing awareness to SMA, she also inspired me to write Annie's Aspirations. I know it seems small, but its easy to take everyday for granted sometimes. We don't know how long we'll have our girls, so now I'm more purposeful in my day to day with them.

I'll be posting the pics tomorrow, (I'll have too go to the library to do so lol).

Pray for Avery's parents! I know all day today and tomorrow when I take the photos and post them, (a well as prepping for them etc), I'll be thinking of Avery and her parents!

No comments:

Post a Comment