Saturday, April 13, 2013

Bittersweet Growth

Annie gets her wheelchair Monday! I'm excited for her but sad for me...

Most kids become independent gradually and early in life: crawling 6-8 months, waking 8-12 months. That's why it's hard for me now because I've had her as basically an infant (physically speaking), for 2.5 years! Yes she can crawl and can take take steps, but it's more of a "trick" than a means of mobility.

When she gets her wheelchair our entire lives will change! Yes, it's exciting to start a new chapter with my mobile/independent child, but I'll miss our "baby"days. Tears have been shed this weekend. I'm grieving the loss of my "baby." So bittersweet- I'm so excited to get her wheelchair, but not ready for her to "grow up." *sigh*

Pics Monday! :)

1 comment:

  1. It is hard. I was just thinking how in the world do I have an almost 2 year old and a 6 month old. Time goes by way too fast. The great thing is that she is growing up and will be having the freedom that she is supposed to have at her age. I can't wait to see pics!!

    ReplyDelete