Tuesday, April 16, 2013

I Love Boston

We were driving home from Dallas yesterday, (5 hour drive). Annie and I fell asleep so Paul put on talk radio. That's when the news first broke. Paul woke me up to tell me about the explosion. Of course I couldn't go back to sleep and we spent the next few hours listening intently.

I love Boston. We went 3 years ago and I fell in love, hard! We're actually returning very soon, (won't say when on here). Something I loved about Boston was that while it is a largely populated city, it felt like a small town. Everyone you met was very nice and it certainly had a magical quality to it. I've said it for years, but I was glad to hear the radio acknowledge it as well. There is something very special about Boston.

That's why this attack was shocking. Of all the largely populated cities, Boston seemed immune, (so said the Bostonians on the radio and I felt the same!).

I'm so in love with Boston that I know the city, even though I've only been there once. They mentioned where the explosion occurred and I knew exactly where it was. I've had a Boston map in my car over a year, (our bedroom is decorated with Boston maps and pics and I had picked this one up for the decor...just forgot to bring it in). Paul asked me to pull it out to show him where it was, which of course showed me I was correct in my memory.

We're native Texans, and in case you didn't know, Texans are very proud of their state. We love Texas for sure, and my love for Boston is almost blasphemous to my fellow Texans.  Sorry Texas, but I left part of my heart in Boston- I'm a Bostonian at heart!

Everyday Annie asks about going on an airplane to Boston. :) Can't wait to return soon and introduce her to the greatest city and of course the Red Sox. :)

Boston, you are loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment