Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter Weekend

Yesterday you may have noticed I was not loquacious. I was feeling terrible. Every few months I get that pregnancy feeling. No I am not pregnant nor did I think I was pregnant, I just can't describe it any other way. It is that unexplainable exhausted and weak feeling that comes out of nowhere. I am assuming it is hormonal and I hate when it happens. Yuck. I am thankfully feeling better today.

Speaking of pregnancy, my pregnant BFF was in the hospital last night and it looked like Nathan was coming! Well, she was sent home and now we are just counting down. Please pray he comes before Friday, (her DR is leaving the country Friday). Also pray for a safe and easy delivery! :) That is why I am blogging today. I need to get caught up because when Nay Nay comes, he will flood this blog! :)

As you saw, I posted a music video on Good Friday and Resurrection Sunday. I couldn't bring myself to post anything else because I felt Jesus deserved all the time on my blog. Now, He should be blogged about every time I post. I do try to do that, though sometimes I blog about meaningless things.

I was overwhelmed this weekend while meditating on what we were celebrating. We remember what He did for us year round; we even changed the Sabbath from Saturday to Sunday because that is the day He rose again. But I was really in awe of His sacrifice. That He, perfect and sinless, was scourged, beaten, spat upon, hated, nailed to a cross, and murdered to pay for OUR sins. Yes, OUR sins. I am a filthy, wretched sinner. You are a filthy wretched sinner. We were all destined for Hell until Jesus stepped in and paid our debt. Because of this, if we trust in His resurrection as our only way to Heaven, we can have eternal life.

On Good Friday we attended our church's annual Good Friday outreach. There we played games and watched THIS MOVIE. It was awesome! Definitely worth watching! We had fun, and the Gospel was preached! Good Friday indeed!
I wanted Sweetpea to have something to celebrate Jesus too, but didn't have anything. BUT, I did have a plain onesie that I had set aside for another project. So, I lightly stitched this cross on there so I could remove it and save the onesie for the other project. I got the idea from here.
Yes, I love leopard print. :)
It was dark and I didn't use a flash, so it is a little out of focus. Still cute. :)

Mr. Incredible and I are "mean parents." We do not do Santa or the Easter Bunny or the Tooth Fairy, (I think you get the picture). Sweetpea will get 3 gifts at Christmas, (like the wisemen), and a fourth that she picks out and then unwraps under the tree to give to a child in need. She does not get an Easter basket. We want her to truly TRULY understand the meaning of Christmas and Easter. JESUS.
Gotta love self timers. Sorry Dear. Ready to celebrate His Resurrection!
Her hat was a hit! :)
She is really starting to smile! :)
I am 16 months old and I have 5 1/2 teeth!
We may not do Easter baskets, but have no fear- my mom spoils ALL of us with Easter baskets. Here is Sweetpea with some of her loot. ;)
She sure loves those puffs!
My aunt made this jelly bean frame for Sweetpea's Candy Land playroom. :)

Thanks Mom and Taunt for all of our goodies and PRAISE BE TO JESUS for sacrificing Himself for us! To God be the Glory!

1 comment:

  1. Gotta a close-up of the jelly bean frame? I would like to see it.

    ReplyDelete