Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Mommy Confessions

Remember months ago when we got Annie her toddler bed? She's slept in it maybe twice since then.
Last year she slept with us for 6 months because of our living situation. I could not wait for her to be able to sleep by herself again, (never been ok with co-sleeping).

Then she successfully/easily transitioned into her room in this house...for 6 months.

She was a rock star being alone...Mommy was not...

For the last 6 months, she has slept in bed with us.

I tried to keep her in her room. She had no issues. I on the other hand had near panic attacks when she was in her room.

Sometimes being a special needs parent takes a toll on your sanity and keeping your child as close as possible is the best thing for your sanity. I don't feel comfortable with her sleeping all the way on the other side of the house from us...what if there were a fire? See where my brain goes?

Anyway, I've accepted the fact that I will not be able to have her on the other side of the house, but we also need her out of our bed! Our marriage must come first!

So, I moved her toddler bed into our room, (at the foot of our bed-the foot board acts as a nice separator. We plan to move her into our closet...eventually). Best of both worlds right? She and I are happy to be near each other, and Paul and I are happy to have our bed back.

Here she is watching her beloved Chipmunks in her bed-Mommy's attempt to make her bed fun again. She had no trouble transitioning before, but I've spoiled her recently, (obviously), so hopefully this won't be too difficult!

2 comments:

  1. I think this is a wonderful idea! Next house you look for remember to have the rooms close together :) I love you girl!

    ReplyDelete