Saturday, June 20, 2009

Words from our President about Fathers

You may have noticed that I am not our president's biggest fan. However, I can't help but appreciate the work he does at trying to keep/get fathers involved in their children's lives. Fathers are a vital necessity to growing happy and healthy kids.

Now, considering I do support his stance on fathers, I want you to read the quote below... really read it and see where he shoots himself in the foot:

Father's Day
2007: "Let's admit to ourselves that there are a lot of men out there that need to stop acting like boys; who need to realize that responsibility does not end at conception; who need to know that what makes you a man is not the ability to have a child but the courage to raise a child."

Did you see it?

Let me help you out:
responsibility does not end at conception

Couldn't be more true, but does it not go against his stance on abortion? Much of the abortion debate is when life begins. Life begins at CONCEPTION, although some will argue that it is not until birth. I am not attempting to start an argument today. All I am saying is that President Obama is basically saying here that at conception one becomes a father, but you must do more to be a dad. TOTALLY AGREE! BUT he is also saying that life begins at conception because how can one be a father to something that doesn't exist. Am I right?



I will get off my soap box now.

Happy Father's Day to you, Mr. President! Thanks for fighting for our families- I just wish you would fight for the unborn too, (well and a few other family issues that I won't mention just now). :)

2 comments: