Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Design on a Dime

***I just got news of an adoption opportunity. I probably won't hear much more until Monday, but for now PLEASE PLEASE PRAY over this situation! Pray for God's will to be very clear in this decision. Thanks!***


I made my own design "business" a few months ago, but I am still waiting to make it public. I SO wanted to name it, "Design on a Dime," but sadly that name is already taken.

Anyway, that is what I am all about- designing on a dime. :)

We are huge Dave Ramsey fans, and if he were to ever read this, (yeah right), he would be so proud! :)

I wanted to get those silhouettes for the walls, but they were over $150 total. I know that is not that expensive, but seeing as money doesn't grow on trees- I found a cheaper fix.
I took two canvases that I already had and decorated them with stuff I already had- practically free projects!
I bought this hanger from Target- 2 for $1.00. Took off the actual hanger part and voila. :)
Love it!!



another Target hanger. :)The completed wall ♥
At IKEA, this armoire is $189, or something like that. Too much money to buy something just for asthetics. Well on Craigslist, I was able to buy the bed with mattress, and this armoire for $200! Yeah, that was like buying the armoire and getting the bed and mattress for free! I HAD to buy it!!
The only blank space on the wall. One last project I need to make! :)
My faithful, uh, helper. ;) He thinks this bed and room are for him. Seriously. lol
"Mommy, it is after midnight, can you please stop crafting and GO TO BED!"
I left the room and Mr. Incredible shortly followed. He asked if Bolt was still in the room- he must be we thought. {very against his character- he always HAS to be in the same room with me, or at least his daddy} I went in and sure enough he still was asleep on the bed. He was EXHAUSTED!!!

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh, this room is TOO cute!! Smart thinking about looking on Craig's list for that Ikea stuff...ohhh how I love Ikea!!


    ps. I tagged you on my last post, you should check it out!

    And where in the world did you find 1,00o tc sheets?!!? I need some of THOSE!!

    ReplyDelete