Thursday, June 28, 2012

Bald is Beautiful

Parting with Annie's hair was easier than I expected. She's always gorgeous!

My bff made a comment about how this shows her strength to the world. Like a person fighting cancer.

Annie's surgery was not for a life threatening condition per se, but she's a fighter regardless, (and it may not have been immediately life threatening but it could have become so. Not to mention brain surgery is always a risk).

From conception she's been a fighter.

I'm about to mention abortion. This is not the main reason for this post, so please push through and read this post in it's entirety, regardless of your abortion beliefs. :)

There are at least 4 reasons why she could have been aborted. I'm not going to share them all, but I will share one. Spina Bifida.

I read an article about a woman who was married and planned her pregnancy, and at 20 weeks found out her child had Spina bifida. She aborted her baby.

It made me want to throw up.

My point is, many people deem Spina Bifida an acceptable reason to have an abortion. This reason, among with at least 3 other reasons...Annie easily could have been aborted.

I praise God all the time that she was not.

Annie was born almost 2 months early. Fighter.

On top of being a preemie, she had to fight Spina Bifida and hydrocephalus and needed immediate surgery. Fighter.

She then ended up in foster care. Won't tell you why, but know she's a fighter.

She joined our family and has since endured 4 brain surgeries, countless Dr/hospital visits, weekly therapy sessions, etc. Fighter.

So as I said, her baldness may have not been caused by chemo, but it's her crowning glory none the less.

It proves she's a fighter. She's a survivor.

She is our absolutely gorgeous, priceless princess!

She's the strongest member of our family, and she's probably stronger than many others.

She blesses us more than we could bless her!

With her curls, she used to favor little orphan Annie, but now she favors Daddy Warbucks ;)


1 comment:

  1. I love the new look and think she's equally as adorable. She's so strong and really makes me thank God for people like you! She is so lucky to have found a family as wonderful as yours!

    ReplyDelete