Tuesday, May 18, 2010

How great is the Love

Today would have been my sister's 22nd birthday. For those of you who don't know, Tracie was killed in a car accident on October 6, 2006. I miss her dearly and wish I could wish her a happy birthday in person. I know I will see her again, so that eases my pain.

However, I can't stand when people pray to her, or thank her for looking down on them. Sorry, she is not. She is in Heaven worshiping The One who paid her debt so she could spend eternity there. No one in Heaven is singing her happy birthday. She, and everyone else there is gathered around the throne singing a song like this:


Thank You for the way that You love us, how You love us
Thank You for the way You have made us
We were created for Your pleasure, for Your Presence
For the glory of Your Name
Thank You for the way that You love us
Jesus, Faithful King, Lord, with grateful hearts we sing
How great is the love, how great is the love of our Savior
The weight of the cross, the curse of our shame
You carried it all and rose from the grave
How great is the love, how great is the love of our Savior

{How Great is the Love by Paul Baloche}

2 comments:

  1. So beautiful! How did I not know this! What a beautiful memory of a sister's love and reminder of what she is doing in Heaven.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love looking at the pictures of you two. Your sister was a truly beautiful and amazing person. She is greatly missed and remembered.

    ReplyDelete