Monday, January 31, 2011

Black Eyed Peas

Before I get to these hilarious videos, I must vent a bit. Seriously, they are hilarious- read this and I promise you- they are well worth the wait! :)

I know I blogged about enduring a little storm lately, but really, I think it is much more than that. I truly feel satan is attacking my right now.

A little skeptical?

Read Job 1:6-12

"Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also came among them. The LORD said to Satan, "From where do you come?" Then Satan answered the LORD and said, "From roaming about on the earth and walking around on it." The LORD said to Satan, "Have you considered My servant Job? For there is no one like him on the earth, a blameless and upright man, fearing God and turning away from evil."

Then Satan answered the LORD, "Does Job fear God for nothing? Have You not made a hedge about him and his house and all that he has, on every side? You have blessed the work of his hands, and his possessions have increased in the land. But put forth Your hand now and touch all that he has; he will surely curse You to Your face."

Then the LORD said to Satan, "Behold, all that he has is in your power, only do not put forth your hand on him." So Satan departed from the presence of the LORD.

In Job we find a man who loves the Lord and is richly blessed. Satan tells God that the only reason he loves Him so is because of the blessings, so God ALLOWS satan to attack Job. This is still the practice of the day. Satan causes harm, but he is on a leash, God's leash. Note that God even initiated the suffering, "Have you considered my servant Job?" Even then satan thought he was wreaking havoc when in reality, he was just playing into the hands of God.

You see, nothing bad befalls us without God knowing it first. He is Omniscient and Omnipotent. In Romans 8:28 it says, "And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose." This brings me immense comfort in every situation, even physical suffering. Now, I know I could feel much worse, or even be much worse off, but when you have been dealing with pain for the last 4 months, it starts to get to you. Not to mention there is so much I need to do, but I am physically unable to because of the pain.

Now, I am in no way saying I am Job. If you are familiar with him, you will be laughing at me right now. I am not Job- not even close, (thank You Lord!). But, seeing his life does bring comfort to the fact that while we are attacked by satan, God is always right there keeping him in check. It is ALWAYS for our good and His glory.

Please pray for healing, or at least for continued strength and endurance in the Lord's will, and that I will continue to praise Him through this. Ultimately- I need prayer to help me get things done around the house. CPS does unannounced visits, and I would prefer that they not see my house the way it is now. I need to get my house in a presentable state at least.



Ok, ready for the hilarity to begin?!

Every time we are in the car and The Black Eyed Pea's song "The Time" comes on, Sweetpea starts crying. Every time. I wanted to see if I could catch it on film...



I played it again for Mr. Incredible- notice his response... lol



Now, it seems it is not just this song. When their song, "I've got a feeling," comes on she cries too. She LOVES a good beat, so one would assume she would love that song. Alas, the second she hears it she wails, and the second I change the station she stops. My little music lover apparently hates The Black Eyed Peas. HA!!

I have loads of pictures to post, but I thought you would like to see the funny videos tonight. Pictures tomorrow. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment