Monday, January 10, 2011

Boy Oh Boy

I am a little behind on sharing the big news, but my BFF is having a boy!!! Is it May yet? I can't wait for May to get here so I can love on my "nephew" Nathan James.

I will be throwing her a shower in the spring, and I plan for the decor to be stuff she can use in the room. Well, if you haven't noticed I am a little impatient, so I got to work a little early. {we can still use all of this at her shower, I just couldn't wait to give it to her} She had a family shower on Saturday where I gave her all this:

The bedding has stars on it, so this went perfectly. Also, the verse. I can't stand it when people quote scripture out of context. It happens way too often. Phil 4:13 for one thing people! Anyway the above phrase is seen a few places in scripture, in different contexts. What I love so much about this exact verse is its context.

The angel Gabriel was sent by God to tell Mary that Elizabeth, who was barren, was pregnant, and to tell her that she, a virgin, would conceive a son. As any of us would have reacted, she thought it was impossible. He replied, "For with God nothing shall be impossible."

So not only is this verse nice for a little boy to read daily and remember that nothing is impossible with God, but the context is perfect for his Mama! Do you remember my friend that was told she would never have children? Well, she is Nathan's mama!
Side view
Whenever I make something, I storyboard it all first. This was my original design and I ended up going with it, (cutting out the stars of course). Well, it was a little too patriotic for me, (I know, can you believe I would say that?!). But really, America is not the theme of his room. So I pulled up a pic of his bedding and saw there were other colors of stars, so I added more color as seen in the first pic.
A few frames for the little guy
See how impatient I am?! This was mama's big shower gift. A Vera Bradley diaper bag. I called her one day to make sure this was the one she wanted, but I also didn't want her to know I was going to buy it.

"Have you decided waht diaper bag you want?" "Yeah, that really pretty expensive diaper bag from VB." "Oh yeah. Well, I'll keep that in mind if I ever win the lottery."

Once I bought it I wrestled about when to give it to her. I should have waited to give it to her at the shower I will host, but then I started thinking she may save up money to get it herself. I better not wait.

At her shower, she brought up the bag to her mom, and they began planning about buying it for her.

Oh no.

So I jumped up and handed a gift bag to her saying to her mom, "sorry to ruin your plans."

My BFF was most grateful and shocked.

{I usually would not spend so much on a gift, but 1. she is my bff, 2. I was given a budget for her shower so I was originally going to take some of that money to buy this, and 3. I had a little extra blow money so I was able to leave her shower money intact. Honestly, she just got lucky with financial timing} :)

Nathan literally has me seeing stars. I can't wait to meet him!

No, literally seeing stars. When I was doing Sweetpea's room and the playroom, I saw safari and candy stuff everywhere. Now I get excited when I see stars like I did with the other stuff. I always have to remind myself that his room is not mine to decorate. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment