Monday, April 16, 2012

MTCM: "CHEAT"

In Lisa's book, she talks about how we can easily deceive ourselves into cheating on special occasions. Buy really, anything can be a special occasion!

A few months ago, I was on the same page, no cheating under any circumstances! This last weekend however, I bent my rule.

We spent the weekend back in Houston with my family. We drove through the night Thursday, got 3 hours of sleep, and started our day.  My family loves Starbucks and I always resist, but I NEEDED coffee that day. Instead of making myself feel horribly guilty, I enjoyed that treat, (if you'd believe it, we do not have a starbucks in our little town!). There are not many restaurants in our small town, so I also enjoyed the change in cuisine.

My scale showed this a bit, but I am not discouraged. We will not be leaving our little town again to visit anyone, so I can stick to being super strict! (also, I walk usually at least 6 miles a day, and in Houston I didn't work out once- had no time! If I had been walking, my food choices would not have made that big of an impact).

Mommy is starving! About go go eat some cereal, (enter that into my Lose It Ap), and go for a long walk with my babies. :)

Get right back on the horse y'all! Don't let one bad weekend, or one bad scale, deter you from your goal!

Here are some pics of Sweetpea diving into a treat Saturday night! :)




1 comment:

  1. I am going to give some unsolisited advice:) I am not sure if you are also weight lifting, but I highly recommend adding it to your walking regimen. More muscle mass= faster metabolism= more calories burned even while you are resting! Not to mention is creates stronger bones. A good DVD is anything Jillian Michaels. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete