Saturday, April 28, 2012

Saturday Mourning

The last 2 days we have had adoption training. Next weekend completes that training- wahoo!

One step closer to getting Rosie home! ;)

In all the trainings though, I am reminded of Woody and Buzz.

It was 2 years ago that we were training to get them. 2 years ago that we were bonding with them and being called, "mommy and daddy." 2 years ago we fell in love.

I'll go into my first ever full detail recap in July.

For now, I'll say this.

We have to be trained in foster children trauma, abuse, and grief. It just brings them to the forefront of my mind. I don't know how they are. I don't know if they're safe. I don't know if they're loved.

I shed some tears over my sons today.

Many don't understand my grief.

Many in my training today did, and that's good enough for me.

Surrounded by fellow Believers.

Surrounded by fellow foster parents.

Surrounded by fellow fighters of orphans.

Surrounded by true Family.

I spent my Saturday Mourning in good company. :)

4 comments:

  1. Rosie? I love Woody and Buzz and think of them often. I'm sorry your heart is hurting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one makes me love you even more...

    Before we adopted our girls, we were pursuing 2 little boys...and I SO get it...I still wonder and think about them...pray for them.

    You have a kind, loving heart.
    I so pray-and-want for God to bless you with joy now (even with another little one).

    But--I have no doubt that God will bless you for your heart in Forever. Thankful for our friendship...

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you are thinking about adopting, please consider Marcia, a beautiful little girl with spina bifida who is in urgent need of a family:
    http://reecesrainbow.org/27076/marcia-23

    Bless you.

    ReplyDelete