Sunday, November 4, 2012

"thanks" for "being kind"

I really don't know if I should be replying to this at all- someone was just unnecessarily hateful, and probably will love that it bothered me. But, I must respond.

If she read my post properly, she would have seen that I said that I USED to hate my body.  It was only by the Grace of God that I can have a little extra fat on my body and still feel comfortable in my skin. Nothing short of a miracle!  Every time I share my story of how I used to feel about myself and how I feel now I am WITNESSING to the redemptive power of Jesus.

I felt the need to share my weight gain because I am about to see friends and family for the first time in almost a year, and the last time the saw me I was a size 6- def not a 6 now. I know I will be around people who will be shocked to see such a difference so I told them instead of letting them be shocked and me worrying about their reactions.

I did not post that to get attention. I gained weight. I would like nothing more than to PRETEND I did not gain weight!  It is the last thing I would like to share with the world.

I am being real. If I candy coated everything, I would have people saying that I am fake. I think many would say that that is why they like my blog- for my transparency. If I only posted the good, I would be criticised for pretending my life was perfect.

If you really read back to my posts you will see that I write about how I USED to hate my body.  How I am comfortable in my skin now! I am 26 now, and it wasn't until I was 23 that I was comfortable in my skin. So, if I put myself down in the beginning of my blog, (I started the blog at 21) it was because I hated my body. I struggled with that for years- even getting counseling for it- and finally at the age of 23 God released me from those chains. I have shared that story numerous times to show what HE can do. So other women may not have to suffer in the way I did.

How am I hypocritical?  I write about the good and bad in life, and how God carries me through everything. If I only did posts about how awesome I think I am people would be mad about that. I try to be humble in this blog- when I post pics I took or paintings I painted- I am proud, but I am aware that I am not the best there ever was. If I wasn't humble, I would be branded as thinking I was better than everyone else.

I am not even going to address what you said about my daughter.  I'll say this though: humility aside, I am a great mom.  Annie is beyond blessed to be my daughter.  Everyday she says how beautiful/gorgeous/pretty she and I are.  Gee, where did she learn that from?  I will protect her from bullies, like the way I was bullied, and not let anyone tell her that she is not perfect. I think you would have to look far and wide to find a child more loved by her mother than Annie is by me.

But yes, I am humble. I am redeemed sinner that needs God everyday. If you don't like my blog then don't read. I love my readers and I love that I can meet people I have never met, but if you have hateful things to say, then goodbye!

No comments:

Post a Comment