Saturday, August 18, 2012

Pray Please

This mama is very uneasy right now!

It was raining, (which is a rarity here in the desert), and Paul had just left to run errands.  All of a sudden, all of our smoke detectors started going off.  I got dressed, grabbed Jersey's leash, and took the babies outside while calling Paul.

Our alarms went off for almost an hour.

We found that water had come through Annie's smoke alarm and set it off. 

Needless to say I am not very comforted. I should be, but I am not.  I have a friend who suffered a fire a few years back and her story has been going nonstop through my head.

Normally I'd assume we were out of danger since we saw no evidence of smoke, etc. But remembering my friend's story- the alarms went off and on for hours before the smoke showed up. I am very uneasy.

Last night I had a migraine so I was in too much pain to put Annie to sleep, so I let her sleep with us.  Tonight I will probably do the same out of fear of fire.

Just pray that this fear passes, or if it is God trying to warn us like He did my friend that He make Himself loud and clear. 

I know this doesn't seem like a big deal, but I am scared none the less.  Your prayers will be greatly appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment